The Kings Herald Show featuring Jerry Reynolds is back with a special, different kind of episode featuring comedian, writer, actor, and most importantly, lifelong Sacramento Kings fan -- Hasan Minhaj! We also had our very own Kevin Fippin jump on the podcast with us this week to talk with Minhaj about his early life growing up in the Sacramento area, and his rise to becoming the most famous and outspoken celebrity Kings fan going right now.
It was a fun show, and we wanted to present Minhaj with a little token of our appreciation for spending his Saturday with us, so we had Jerry Reynolds provide alternate commentary on his 2019 NBA All-Star Celebrity Game performance. You can watch that footage below, and you can hear his live reaction to watching it over Zoom with Jerry at the 30:50 mark of the podcast.
You can find the full timestamps for the episode below:
- (4:20) Hasan Minhaj, on growing up a Sacramento Kings fan
- (12:40) The important role sports plays in civic pride
- (15:40) Hasan Minhaj, on being the biggest celebrity Kings fan right now
- (21:15) Sacramento as a free agent destination
- (25:15) Hasan Minhaj, on being at All-Star Weekend when DeMarcus Cousins was traded
- (30:50) Presenting Hasan Minhaj with a gift from Jerry Reynolds and The Kings Herald
- (36:55) Hasan Minhaj, on defending his Sacramento Kings fandom
- (40:35) What do the Kings have to do to finally make the playoffs?
- (42:30) The Luka Doncic conversation
- (56:30) Buddy Hield's future in Sacramento, and Tyrese Haliburton ROTY campaign
- (1:03:30) The toughest competitors in the NBA today
You can find The Kings Herald Show wherever you listen to podcasts, but if we're missing a platform of your choosing, leave us a note in the comments and we'll get to work. If you want to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on any and all platforms, that would be greatly appreciated, too. It's the best way you can support the show!
In addition to our bi-weekly podcast with Jerry Reynolds, we also record a Patreon exclusive Q+A once a month where Patrons at any level can Ask Jerry Anything. The 2nd Patreon Q+A with Jerry was posted last week. If you're a Patron, you can submit questions to us on Patreon, or post your questions for Jerry in the comments right here in this post.
We also wanted to just say thank you again to everyone for their support over the years, for both the podcast and the new website we've tried to rebuild from scratch. It is the passionate online Kings community here and your support that has allowed us to land a guest like Hasan. Thank you.