Articles | Commentary

Harrison Barnes is the type of player Danny Ainge is looking for

The Boston Celtics are in need of wing depth and Harrison Barnes fits perfectly into their traded player exception while also being their ideal prototype.

The morning after losing to the Sacramento Kings, Boston Celtics' general manager Danny Ainge spoke about using the traded player exception that was created from signing-and-trading Gordon Hayward to the Charlotte Hornets.

Ainge revealed the team's biggest need as "shooting with size" during his interview on Toucher & Rich.

"I would say that we could use shooting, we could use passing," Ainge specified. "But you always need defense and our team is built on defense... It's just hard to find a shooter that can guard anybody. We're looking for complete players."

The most recent matchup between the Celtics and Kings showcased Harrison Barnes as the perfect candidate to check all of the boxes Ainge listed on Thursday morning.

Barnes is currently converting on a career-high 41.3 percent of his 4.4 attempts from beyond the arc in the 2020-21 season. Yet, this is far from an outlier as the Sacramento forward has not shot below 38 percent since 2017-18. Standing at 6'8", there is no question he fits into the "shooting with size" mold presented.

Harrison Barnes may be most ideal as a four in the modern NBA, but the Brad Stevens-led Celtics have an affinity for versatile wing defenders who can switch across multiple positions.

There are very few moments where Barnes is slow to rotate, caught flat-footed, or simply overpowered. While he is not blessed with overwhelming lateral quickness or a wingspan that swallows opposing players, he remains positive on that end with solid fundamentals, an understanding of the game, and unwavering effort.

A wing trio of Jaylen Brown, Jayson Tatum, and Harrison Barnes leaves no weaknesses to attack and allows unlimited switching between them.

Really throughout Barnes' entire game, it is difficult to pinpoint a worrying flaw. He has taken a leap in playmaking this season, can put the ball on the floor and attack the rim, gets to the free-throw line and knocks them down, and rarely commits turnovers.

Additionally, he is often regarded as an exceptional teammate and brings championship experience from his early years in Golden State.

Maybe it isn't so hard to find a shooter that can guard across multiple positions who fits into the roughly $19.6-million of the usable TPE.

While the entire exception is $28.5-million, the Boston Celtics became hard-capped after signing Tristan Thompson to the non-taxpayer mid-level exception and limited its use.

Therefore, the Celtics would need to send back at least $2.6-million in order to take in Barnes' $22.2-million salary that decreases with each passing year.

The idea of Sacramento moving on from one of their most consistent players this season would revolve around obtaining long-term prospects that better fit the timeline of franchise cornerstones De'Aaron Fox and rookie Tyrese Haliburton.

Aaron Nesmith ($3.4M) and Romeo Langford ($3.6M) are both on their rookie deals and either would be enough to individually make the salary work.

Nesmith, who was the 14th overall pick in the 2020 NBA Draft, was on Sacramento's radar with the 12th pick as the Vanderbilt sharpshooter confirmed in an interview and is 21 years olds. With Buddy Hield likely on the trade block as well, Nesmith could fill the role of deadly off-ball threat from beyond the arc for years to come.

During his two seasons at Vanderbilt, the 6'6" wing shot 41 percent from three on 290 total attempts - some even labeled him as the best shooter in the draft. Brad Stevens has a short leash on his rookies, and Nesmith has not been given much opportunity so far into his debut NBA campaign.

Romeo Langford, who was actually selected with Sacramento's 2019 1st rounder that was passed onto the Boston Celtics from the Philadelphia 76ers, could be another intriguing option. The lottery talent dealt with a thumb injury during his time in Indiana and has only seen 370 minutes on the floor after being sidelined for the entirety of his rookie year.

While Langford will reach restricted free agency one year prior to Nesmith, he is only six days older and gained the trust of Brad Stevens enough to get some minutes in bubble playoffs against the 76ers.

Nesmith is likely the more intriguing of the two, but it is certainly too early to label Langford a bust. He fits the prototype of a slashing playmaker who can be positive on the defensive end of the floor, although the three-point shot remains concerning.

With how Harrison Barnes has performed this season, there is potential that he could draw a young prospect along with a first-rounder that is likely to place in the early to mid-twenties.

Two reasonable deals include:

• Boston Receives: Harrison Barnes + MEM 2021 2nd
  • Sacramento Receives: Aaron Nesmith + BOS 2021 1st

• Boston receives: Harrison Barnes
  • Sacramento receives: Romeo Langford + BOS 2021 1st + BOS 2021 2nd

Sacramento would surely get worse in the immediate with these returns, but their time to shine is not now, despite the current win streak. Making the team worse this season, which would secure higher lottery odds, while also acquiring younger talent in exchange for Harrison Barnes is good business.

Barnes, who has roughly $60-million remaining over three seasons, is 28 years old and not likely to be around for the prime of Fox and Haliburton. The current situation that Boston finds themselves in with the TPE being their only option to add difference-making talent gives Harrison Barnes what may be an outlier level of value at the upcoming deadline.

Monte McNair has preached future flexibility, as evident by deciding to not match the Bogdan Bogdanovic offer sheet, and getting Barnes' salary off the books does just that.

Harrison Barnes is sure to be continuously linked to the Boston Celtics from now until the March 25th trade deadline.

To prevent spam, our system flags comments that include too many hyperlinks. If you would like to share a comment with multiple links, make sure you email [email protected] for it to be approved.
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Jasonrp
February 4, 2021 5:35 pm

I would hate to lose Barnes, but I understand the justification and could get behind a trade like this.

CoreyBrewersD
February 4, 2021 8:12 pm
Reply to  Jasonrp

I would hate to lose Barnes w/o a steady rotational Vet to keep these guys on track. Not sure I would do this, but it ain’t my call anyhoo!

rc50cal
February 4, 2021 8:22 pm
Reply to  Jasonrp

If you get an offer with future upside, you take it. This team right now is fun fool’s gold. Sell high and prepare for two years from now.

Greg
Admin
Author
Author
February 5, 2021 7:34 am
Reply to  rc50cal

Listening to No Dunks yesterday and they pointed out that each of the last 4 or 5 seasons the Kings have had a stretch where they won 5 of 6. This could definitely be fool’s gold right now.

February 5, 2021 8:45 am
Reply to  Greg

I’d put money on this current stretch being fool’s gold. I feel the next 3 games will give us a clearer picture of what this team really is.

February 5, 2021 2:17 pm

Yeah, we’ve seen too many times in the past where the Kings willl win like 5 games in a row, you think they turn it around, and then they lose the next like 9 out of 10. I have to see long term consistency before I’m ready to say the team has taken a step in the right direction.

keith_kar
February 6, 2021 9:28 am

That’s very true. If you look at last season, and seasons past, the Kings will usually go into several stretches where they hit the skids.

Let’s hope this season is different with the emergence of Fox and his recent heroics.

TerzoM
February 5, 2021 1:24 pm
Reply to  Jasonrp

Making the team worse this season, which would secure higher lottery odds, while also acquiring younger talent in exchange for Harrison Barnes is good business.comment image

February 4, 2021 5:37 pm

YES. This these are exactly the kind of trade that needs to be made for Barnes. Give me Nesmith. He was in my top 10 in the last draft and had hoped to get him had Hali not fallen to the Kings. If the Kings somehow get Hali and Nesmith, I’ll learn to do back flips.

I’ll add there are more teams that are going to want a player like Barnes. In the Ringer this morning there was an article about how Utah needs a big defensive wing if they want to make a run.

Dallas is another team that is in need of help. James Johnson and rookie Josh Green for Barnes works. I’d do that just to have Bagley go up against Johnson in practice and learn a thing or two.

TheGrantNapear
February 4, 2021 6:38 pm

Barnes is certainly increasing his value and should be well sought after. It’ll be interesting to see how Monte plays this.

February 4, 2021 7:09 pm
Reply to  TheGrantNapear

I just really don’t want him to get hung up on a possible playoff dream, or worse yet, pressured into it by ownership. They all need to get it into their heads that the playoffs are an incredible longshot that would take help from other teams for the Kings to make it.

February 4, 2021 9:52 pm

They play the games for a reason and if Fox and the rest of these guys keep up their recent play, who’s to say they’ll need help from other teams? Fox just closed out one of the better teams in the east (Boston) and was giving it to the reigning runner up and fell short by 1 point. Yeah it’s a small sample but if Fox specifically keeps this up, there’s no telling what this team’s ceiling is.

We’re 10-11 right now- 1.5 games or whatever out of 5th (and about the same for near bottom of the conference), why not just let them ride it for another few weeks and see what happens? If we make the playoffs it probably means Fox and Haliburton are taking the league by storm. And by no means is that a bad thing. I mean if we stumble into the playoffs with mediocre play that’s a different story but I can’t see us getting there without Fox and Haliburton LEADING us there. And I’m pretty confident after watching McNair’s press conferences that he won’t mortgage the future for a run at the 8 seed.

February 4, 2021 10:28 pm
Reply to  wilbur10

I get that the Kings have beaten some good teams recently, but the good teams were also without multiple key players. Boston, for example, was missing 3 key rotational players in Walker, Smart, and Pritchard. Don’t get me wrong, I love Fox, but he doesn’t have that 4th quarter performance with Smart guarding him.

This recent stretch of wins have ALL been against teams not only missing starters but significant role players as well. At the same time, the Kings have been at full strength and have played damn near flawlessly, which is not sustainable.

You might call me a pessimist, but I think I’m more a realist right now.

February 5, 2021 10:51 am

I get that they had injuries, but they were still the more talented team and they have one if not two guys widely considered better than Fox and he took it to those guys. The way Fox was playing I don’t think it mattered if Fox was guarded by Smart or me or you- he was getting where he wanted.

I’m not calling you a pessimist as in the end you’re probably right and this team won’t come anywhere near the playoffs. But their chemistry appears to be the best it has been since The Scores, Fox is playing out of his mind and at the moment I am a believer. I’m just not sure what you want McNair to do. If he sends off Barnes for a pick and an underperforming young player, what message does that send to the locker room who’s currently got high hopes for this season?

February 5, 2021 11:32 am
Reply to  wilbur10

I would hope that McNair wouldn’t change whatever course he’s planning on taking because of a 6 game stretch in the early season.

February 5, 2021 1:22 pm

Well, Adamsite seems to believe otherwise

February 5, 2021 1:41 pm
Reply to  wilbur10

No, I’m just not sure what course he is on.

Listen, the roster makeup is virtually the same as last season. Hali replaced Bogi in minutes and production, Whiteside replaced Len, and GR3 replaced Bazemore. Bagley has taken the role of Nemanja, but that is only because Nemanja was last year’s placeholder for an injured bagley

So should we expect anything different than last season?

His only big decision so far was extending Fox, which really was a no-brainer

The only things that leads to think the McNair is thinking beyond this season is that he signed role players to 1 year deals (good!) and he sent the other rookies to the G-League bubble. Those make me think it is not about this season and makes me hope he has a plan to build around Fox and Hali as opposed to a playoff pipedream for this season.

February 5, 2021 2:04 pm

Well it seems like every thread you find a way to mention how you hope McNair doesn’t sell his soul to get into the playoffs this year (or forced into that by Vivek). To me McNair’s plan looks fairly clear- He inherited a roster with a handful of bad contracts and he’s letting guys like Buddy and Barnes raise their value so he can trade them for something decent at some point. And he’ll sit on contracts like Bjelica and Cojo until they expire or somebody calls trying to get them. There’s no reason to rush into an offer for Buddy or Barnes if it’s not something he likes or if he thinks they will play themselves into something equally as good or better. Like he said in his first presser here, he wants to be aggressive but he also has to be patient.

Guys like Woodard and Ramsey may not be ready for the big stage just yet, so they’re patiently trying to develop them. They seem to be developing those guys the same way they are Marvin- you gotta earn your minutes whether you like it or not.

February 5, 2021 2:05 pm
Reply to  wilbur10

And I don’t think he’s actively worried about making the playoffs but if Fox/Hali/Barnes/Buddy/Holmes help lead them there what’s the harm?

Last edited 1 year ago by wilbur10
February 5, 2021 4:28 pm
Reply to  wilbur10

I think there is a lot of space between making the playoffs, not making the playoffs, and getting a good pick. I’m just tired of lottery purgatory.

To your point, there is no harm in making the playoffs, but there is harm when you make moves and roster decisions to attempt the playoffs when it actuality you have near zero chance of accomplishing that. Kings have been operating in that later mindset for far too long.

February 5, 2021 5:27 pm

Well when McNair starts making moves that jeopardizes our future, then I’ll get worried.

OldDude50
February 6, 2021 11:40 am

This year I would rather have had Bazemore and Len.

keith_kar
February 6, 2021 9:32 am

They’re still playing against the best players in the world. I wouldn’t downplay it too much.

February 5, 2021 8:58 am

Yeah, this is where things get dangerous. It happens all the time. A mediocre team goes on a run and fans start throwing the big picture plan out the window for the chance at a momentary glimpse of the playoffs. Which I get. We’re all desperate for it. But the question remains how this team can raise its ceiling to become a true competitor. Personally, I don’t think it’s going to happen solely based on developmental leaps and mid-1sts. I mean, it might. They might draft a Kawhi or a Giannis or even a Mitchell. But I like my team to be more proactive. At some point they’re going to have to figure out how to acquire at least one more elite talent. The most likely way to do that is by making moves based on maximizing the value of your assets.

eddie41
February 5, 2021 11:15 am

I think part of what people are debating here is what is the value of those proposed assets? A future 1st, okay we can put a value on it and try to draft someone good. That gets my attention. But no one is putting value on Romeo. And then what about Nesmith? Does Nesmith have any value now? Suppose hypothetically you were to put Nesmith on the trading block. What could you get for him? Anything? That’s an honest question. I want to know what you think.

February 5, 2021 11:41 am

I’m the wrong guy to ask. I never rated Nesmith that highly. But however one rated Nesmith, I don’t think anything has happened this year to change that rating. A mid-1st pick not getting minutes early in their rookie season for a top contender is hardly news of any sort. In fact, that’s pretty much the expectation. Especially for a team who’s best players occupy the same position(s). So yeah, I think he probably has value around the league. Taking what I think was the industry consensus on his value in the draft (rather than my lower value) and discounting it for draft class quality, I’d say he’s probably worth something like a late-1st.

eddie41
February 5, 2021 12:20 pm

so hypothetically, we could involve a third team and get two future first rounders for Barnes?

February 5, 2021 12:30 pm

If one were to believe that we could get Nesmith + a late 1st, then yes, I’d say you could theoretically get two late 1sts for him.

eddie41
February 6, 2021 8:49 am

I think another thing we’re debating is the value of Barnes. I don’t think this is like the Mike Dunleavy situation the Warriors had (which by the way got Stephen Jackson who might skunk Nesmith in a one-on-one game, like 100 to 0). Barnes is good while helping the young guys develop. The Celtics have a young duo of Tatum and Brown yet are trying to get Barnes. The Kings have a young duo of Fox and Haliburton and some people are acting like Barnes is a hot potato. At what point do you tell yourself this is more of a team sport than baseball and therefore let’s try to put 5 guys on the court who play well together?

BuffaloDiaspora
February 5, 2021 9:23 am

Getting the playoff monkey off of their backs would make it a lot easier for the FO to engage in long-term team-building without pressure from the fanbase. I, uh, have experience with this.

Also, if Barnes keeps playing well the declining value of his contract is going to make him a much more valuable trade asset next season than he is this season.

February 5, 2021 12:58 pm

That was the rational with Rudy Gay, but then he hurt himself and Kings couldn’t trade him so he walked in free agency. Kings got nothing.

I say strike while the iron is hot because anything can happen. If the intent is to move him now or later, why wait?

ForKingsandCountry
February 5, 2021 3:06 pm

This is a little off topic but has anybody checked in on Bogi lately? He was playing really poorly and then had a pretty significant injury so that contract looks pretty bad at the moment. I was on team “Let Bogi Walk” because if he’s not a part of the future, there is not a guarantee he’ll be a solid asset moving forward. If the Hawks tried to trade Bogi right now I’m not sure what they’d be able to get.

February 5, 2021 4:31 pm

I just read he is back to physical activity on the court, but no contact yet. I think he’ll be back before season’s end and help the Hawks to the playoffs.

TerzoM
February 5, 2021 1:59 pm

The basketball-lottery-gods has been good to us lately, and I feel we need to let it ride. Invest to a future timeline and may the balls fall to our favor. We are fucking due for something big – make us fucking future contenders McNair!

Gregoryl
February 5, 2021 8:46 am
Reply to  TheGrantNapear

At least its not Vlade making the trade, just giving the player whatever they want for no return.

PlayoffModeT
February 5, 2021 10:48 am

I like the idea of Hali and Nesmith too.

The trade would keep us around the 5-11 range with a potential Boston pick. Maybe we could use our pick plus Boston’s to move up (or our next years). Getting into range of Barnes, Kuminga, or even Cunningham would be pretty amazing and should take priority over playoffs.

February 5, 2021 12:12 pm
Reply to  PlayoffModeT

Talking about Haliburton, is this real?

Did his legal team actually send a cease and desist letter to TKH as the replies below suggest? That would be horrible.

Last edited 1 year ago by RikSmits
MidtownMike
February 5, 2021 12:16 pm

I mean they are profiting from his name and likeness w/out contacting him. Seems straightforward tbh

February 5, 2021 12:19 pm
Reply to  MidtownMike

Yep. Though he seems like the type that might happily let THK sell it if they all work together and send a percentage of the proceeds to a charity of his choosing.

February 5, 2021 12:44 pm

Yeah, contacting TKH to work together would be a much better look. This is kind of a turnoff.

February 5, 2021 1:11 pm

It’s really TKH that should have contacted him first. Either way, maybe they can work something out.

February 5, 2021 2:58 pm

especially since he bought one then went into a post-game and said he had to buy one before his lawyers got involved to shut it down. It’s like come on bro, there’s a better way to handle that. It’s like going to a party and grabbing a beer then calling the cops for a noise complaint once you want to go to bed.

February 5, 2021 12:48 pm
Reply to  MidtownMike

What likeness? Does he have a trademark on part of his name? I know things in the US are possibly different but in the Netherlands he would not have much of a case.

But I guess a party with deep pockets flexing legal muscles against a small fans website is enough.

TerzoM
February 5, 2021 3:01 pm

The Merc has been pulled “This campaign is no longer available due to content issues. “

TerzoM
February 5, 2021 4:00 pm
Reply to  TerzoM

Could be a good thing while they work things out. TH/TKH Merc endorsement could go National 🙂

Last edited 1 year ago by TerzoM
February 6, 2021 12:19 am
Reply to  TerzoM

IF they are working this out.
Just as likely they just got a cease and desist and no willingness to talk, and then it’s over.

I get the impression Tyrese is a very savvy businessman, knows exactly how to win the hearts of the local fans and markets with his old school Kings shirts and buying the TKH hoodie, but then also turning around to protect “his brand” with no compunction.

eddie41
February 6, 2021 9:23 am

I agree with his legal team. Reese’s pieces might be fun for toddlers but Oscar Robertson ain’t no mascot for hot dogs.

richie88
February 5, 2021 12:36 pm

James Johnson? Ew. 😡

February 4, 2021 5:54 pm

Here’s the “RORDOG trade targets” list:

Malik Monk
Derrick Jones Jr.
Josh Richardson
Lauri Markkanen
Dario Saric
David Nwaba
Jae’Sean Tate
Kelly Oubre

Peja
February 4, 2021 6:17 pm

This is a beautiful trade list

TheGrantNapear
February 4, 2021 6:39 pm
Reply to  Peja

Markanen!

Sir_tajj
February 5, 2021 11:18 am
Reply to  TheGrantNapear

He’d pair well with Holmes and Bagley. But he wants the max. I haven’t watched enough bulls games to know if he’s worth that.

February 5, 2021 1:16 pm
Reply to  Sir_tajj

He has played better as of late, but I certainly wouldn’t want to pay him anything close to the max.

February 4, 2021 7:08 pm

I mentioned the other day, the Warriors could really use Barnes and Oubre would be a nice expiring for the Kings. This issue would be the Warriors taking on a long term deal, but 1) they can afford it and 2) Oubre is fitted into a TPE so if they want to extend that cap limit, they’d need a long term deal, otherwise they lose his space this summer. Basically they won’t be able fit an Oubre type deal come next summer if they let him walk.

Last edited 1 year ago by Adamsite
PlayoffModeT
February 4, 2021 7:45 pm

Trade Barnes for Nesmith and the 1st. Then send Buddy to Charlotte for a Monk package. He actually fits their timeline with the signing of Hayward

TheGrantNapear
February 5, 2021 3:06 am
Reply to  PlayoffModeT

At first it sounds like a Buddy is old joke that he fits the Hornets and Hayward’s timeline..then you realize it’s actually a fact lol.

February 5, 2021 9:04 am
Reply to  PlayoffModeT

I’m not sure CHA is a real fit for Hield. Of course, I’m not especially interested in Monk either, so…

February 5, 2021 9:11 am

hater…you’re just mad I swooped him up in the TKH fantasy league.

February 5, 2021 9:27 am

Hopefully, you swooped before his big game instead of after. In a similar mold, I think Nassir Little is still sitting on the waiver wire.

SMF-PDXConnection
February 5, 2021 9:47 am

Blazers bench is coming up big for TKH fantasy right now. It’s unfortunate CJ and Nurk got injured, though.

February 5, 2021 9:51 am

I blew that one. As I was sitting there looking at the screen deciding between Trent Jr. and Simon, someone else swooped in a took Trent.

SMF-PDXConnection
February 5, 2021 10:02 am

That was me.

If it’s any consolation, I grabbed Trent because I’ve got CJ and Nurk and my team has been in the tank ever since.

February 5, 2021 10:16 am

it doesn’t help that you’re playing a juggernaut this week.

SMF-PDXConnection
February 5, 2021 10:28 am

It most certainly does not.

I must admit I was skeptical of your roster at the start, but you could definitely win it all. Looks like we also have a couple tanking teams.

February 5, 2021 10:44 am

Powell was another guy I was minutes too slow on. Right now, I’m just happy I re-upped my Boogie handcuff.

February 5, 2021 11:47 am

By the way, looks like Rozier is back. So Monk may be heading back to the 10min/DNPCD range.

BuffaloDiaspora
February 5, 2021 9:24 am

At least we know Monk is a fit with Fox

February 5, 2021 9:26 am

We do?

BuffaloDiaspora
February 5, 2021 9:31 am

Looked pretty good at UK from what I recall.

February 5, 2021 9:50 am

They looked like a good enough fit for college when they had a huge talent advantage over other teams. In the NBA they’re a recipe for making a historically bad defense even worse. And, of course, Monk has struggled to impact the NBA offensively as well.

AmateurNerd
Comments
Comments
February 5, 2021 2:49 pm

We could finally beat Vanderbilt!

February 5, 2021 9:35 am

I think it would be a fun experiment to see him on this team before he enters restricted free agency assuming the acquisition cost isn’t more than Bjelly, or Parker plus a non-premium SRP.

9sac8
February 6, 2021 6:13 am

YES, we do.

See Kentucky 2016-2017. Perfect pairing.

Dammit, you’re cool too. But you get a STAMP for that.

PlayoffModeT
February 5, 2021 10:54 am

I get it, Monk hasn’t shown a lot and is undersized. They have to pay him or Graham so I think this would be a good opportunity to buy low. I also think acquiring him and bringing him off the bench can put Hali in the starters slot.

Need more Hali!

Sir_tajj
February 5, 2021 11:20 am

Plus if we really wanted him, he is a RFA 🤷🏽€™‚️

February 5, 2021 11:36 am

But Monk sure is good the ten percent of the time where he’s healthy.

February 5, 2021 11:51 am

I don’t think he’s been held back by injuries.

9sac8
February 6, 2021 6:11 am

Bro. Monk is “The Microwave 2.0″…we can use him.

rc50cal
February 5, 2021 9:11 am
Reply to  PlayoffModeT

Makes too much sense!

February 5, 2021 11:35 am

I would like to add TJ Warren to this list. Thank you.

February 5, 2021 11:43 am

I think that boat has sailed. When he’s healthy he’s a key starter for them and a primary scorer. He would have been a GREAT option two years ago instead of re-signing Barnes though.

February 5, 2021 12:36 pm

and the Pacers actually got a draft pick to take on his contract. I don’t know if the Kings could’ve actually made that trade though. If I remember correctly, the Suns were trying to clear cap space to trade for Saric.

February 5, 2021 1:10 pm

Was it that, or trying. to clear space to sign Rubio?

February 5, 2021 3:01 pm

I’m pretty sure Warren was traded to Indy on draft night, then they made the trade with the Wolves to move down in the draft.

9sac8
February 6, 2021 6:08 am

Here’s the €œRORDOG trade targets€ list:

Malik Monk
Derrick Jones Jr.
Josh Richardson
Lauri Markkanen
Dario Saric
David Nwaba
Jae’Sean Tate…🤔 (questionable)
Kelly Oubre – GOLD

Fox, Hali, Someone
Hali/Richardson, Monk (I like Monk as The Microwave 2.0)
Oubre, other people
Markkanen, other people
Holmes, other people

Our starting lineup would go nuts on the opponents. I would miss Barnes as a great player and overall leader, but Fox is growing into that role. Oubre brings the same to the game as Barnes, but Oubre is nasty with it.

That lineup is insane. There will be talk about numbers, contracts, and such…and yes that info is prematurely DENIED. Monte, please make moves similar to the listed provided.

We are trending up. Keep the upward trajectory. Don’t destroy what’s becoming a winning attitude, which would eventually lead to a winning culture.

I drank the koolaid in 1998. Still the same taste, meaning I always have hope in the Kings. I see something slightly different about this team right now though. They are pulling together, we just need to plug in better complimentary players that helps us go from mediocre to contender, to a perennial powerhouse.

Dammit I believe. Premature STAMP IT on the Denver game. Denver will play immensely better, but I still believe we’re gonna kick their ass.

GO KINGS.

9sac8
February 6, 2021 4:37 pm
Reply to  9sac8

This aged well…🤣🤣🤣🤣

OldDude50
February 6, 2021 11:49 am

Oubre, yes please.

Last edited 1 year ago by OldDude50
Marty
February 4, 2021 5:56 pm

Actually I was kind of hoping Barnes is a Darryl Morey kind of guy.

Peja
February 4, 2021 6:18 pm

I have a feeling many teams will be calling about Barnes

February 4, 2021 7:05 pm
Reply to  Peja

I do too, but many are going to want to dump equal salary. It may come down to a wash in contracts but the Kings my get a pick out of the deal.

Marty
February 4, 2021 7:44 pm

Yea on the court they’d need to give up Harris and that doesn’t seem like rebuilding for Sacramento.

February 4, 2021 8:34 pm

Give me Harris, Danny Green, and Thybulle or Maxey for Buddy and Barnes and you have a deal.

Marty
February 4, 2021 9:24 pm

Harris, Green, and Thybulle.

DEAL!

February 4, 2021 10:30 pm

Cool, where do we sign?

February 5, 2021 8:49 am

I don’t sign in for a couple days and people start talking about taking on Harris’s contract? C’mon, folks.