Articles | Breaking News | Coronavirus

Harrison Barnes announces he has COVID-19

The Sacramento Kings forward will join the team in Orlando once he clears quarantine protocol.

Sacramento Kings forward Harrison Barnes announced that he has tested positive for COVID-19 and that he is currently quarantined. The Kings had previously announced that four members of the traveling party had tested positive but only Buddy Hield, Alex Len, and Jabari Parker had previously been announced.

Barnes announced the diagnosis via social media.

Barnes says that he is feeling well and "primarily asymptomatic", which is a little odd. You either have symptoms or you don't. Saying you're primarily asymptomatic is like saying you're a little pregnant.

There had been previous speculation who the fourth positive case might be but due to medical privacy reasons teams are not saying which players test positive until the players themselves choose to identify themselves.

We'll hope that Barnes has a speedy recovery and can join the team soon, but the health of Barnes and his family are top concern. Buddy Hield and Jabari Parker have already cleared initial testing and headed to Orlando.

Jeff Bayless
3 months ago

Do the Kings lead the league in positive COVID-19 cases?
It’s great to be on top.

Rob Hessing
Reply to  jay14bay

It makes no sense, given how well this team social distances on defense.

Adam Dieter
Reply to  jay14bay

They’ve got the most positive tests because they’ve taken the most tests, which really is amazing. They’ve taken more tests then Germany, so of course they have more positive tests. If they are gonna want to make the playoffs they should slow the testing. They need to open the gyms so people can get back to work and watch sports in the evenings. Sports in the evenings…isn’t it wonderful? They tell me it’s wonderful. A beautiful thing…sports. I know more about sports than almost anyone.

Rob Hessing
3 months ago

Your niece is holding on line one.

T I

T I
3 months ago

(This is my canned reply to most anything you-know-who says)

Fifth Mookie
3 months ago

I spent time parsing the ‘inject disinfectant’ speech once because I was making a case about how good leadership does anything other than that, and people were hung up on whether it said to ‘inject bleach’ or not.

It killed a number of braincells. I do not recommend trying to find meaning in its speech.

Adam Dieter
3 months ago

By MY thumbs up’d post, Everyone is telling ME that have a 96% APPROVAL rating from Sac Kings fans. LAW AND ORDER FANDOM.

Alek Bohigian
3 months ago

Well, everyone knows you’ve always been the Law and Order poster.

T D
3 months ago

Maybe Walton was really talking about increasing the pace of positive tests?

Rik Smits
3 months ago

Positivity is good! Right?

First Last
3 months ago

“Saying you’re primarily asymptomatic is like saying you’re a little pregnant.”

I love stuff like this. “Somewhat finished”, kind of thing. 🙂

Last edited 3 months ago by Marty
Rik Smits
3 months ago

Yeah, not a very good statement. I expected better from Barnes.

Fifth Mookie

how so?

he’s following quarantine protocol, per the same message – I took the ‘primarily asymptomatic’ as he’s having only minor symptoms – not sure what’s wrong with that verbage?

First Last
Reply to  TheFifthMookie

Almost complete

andy sims
3 months ago

I don’t understand why all of these Kings players didn’t just decide to not catch COVID. It makes no sense.

K W
3 months ago

It reminds me of all those people who choose to be poor. Just ridiculous.

Fifth Mookie
Reply to  AmateurNerd

or all those kids who chose 2020 to be of school age. Why’d they choose to be young?

T I
Reply to  AmateurNerd

Well, those people are just going to need to pull themselves up by their ventilator.

Michael Ehrgott
3 months ago

Meanwhile the NBA figures out the perfect social distancing player uniform additions.

nsPY0h.gif
Rob Hessing
3 months ago

Technical foul, DeMarcus Cousins.

Kevin Lam

Alek Bohigian
3 months ago

I’m guessing when he says “primarily asymptomatic” what he means is he has very mild symptoms which would make sense. I’m hoping that’s the case and he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Rik Smits
3 months ago

Then he should just state that he has mild symptoms.

Rory Cornell
3 months ago

I think it’s probably just that players aren’t trained on how to write their own medical updates.

Rob Hessing
3 months ago

Marvin Bagley ought to be pretty good at it by now.

Rik Smits

Mild sprain, week 23…

Rob Hessing
3 months ago

Appreciate the down vote, Daddy Bags.

Kevin Lam
3 months ago

I think Daddy Bags must’ve told more of his friends about your comment and to go downvote it.

Rob Hessing
3 months ago

50% up, 50% down. That about matches his games played percentage.

Fifth Mookie

50% above, 50% below, sort of matches where he should have been drafted too

::rimshot::

Adam Dieter
Reply to  TheFifthMookie

I’m just gonna say 50% with no context…and see if that gets me a down vote. There are a lot of glass half empty folks out there I suppose.

Tom Cutter
Reply to  TheFifthMookie

I’m thinking down voting Bagley and Luca comments are because it has grown tired. We’ve not had basketball since Feb. It was funny to do it when there was basketball and Luca was killing it and Bagley was on siesta. I think comments are now done, just for effect. So down votes are plopped with just as much energy.

Last edited 3 months ago by ZillersCat
Jeff Bayless
3 months ago

I have noticed that Bagley bashing will result in many downvotes but somehow I don’t see the downvoters voicing their displeasure.
(For reference this glorious post of mine, sorry for self promo)

Very interesting.

Reply to  jay14bay

He’s a European cmon he wound up great as the media said a lot of them wait years or never play here i guarentee 98% of you only knew Luca from mock drafts bagley is a legit big from Duke putting up 20 pts 10rbs in the real 2nd best league in the world hindsight pick Luca but give mb3 a chance he’s young & plays better with more minutes hopefully he’s not injury prone but damn give him a chance you guys troll OUR GUY from social media for a pipe dream missed opportunity? Wonder how your wives feel
P.S
I downvoted this thread for making me post this ex gf text message

Kevin Lam

3 months ago

You’re saying you knew of Luca before mock drafts? You’re also saying you watched more than highlights? It sucks he never plays & at best is bosh for the heat not Toronto he’ll never live up to the #2 pick get a life get over it & off his nuts

Alek Bohigian
Reply to  Dap

I’m pretty sure we all knew who Luka was because he was literally touted as the number one prospect for like 3 years heading into the draft. I’d watched more Luka than Bagley before the draft buzz started.

Eric W
Reply to  Dap

I have no real problem with Bagley. Aside from missing a bunch of games, he’s been pretty much the player I expected. It doesn’t have anything to do with Doncic. Where Bagley was drafted is on the FO. It sucks for us that they made a terrible choice, but it isn’t Bagley’s fault.

Adam Dieter

K W
3 months ago

If he’d stayed in college all four years, he totally would’ve written that statement better, baby.
-Dick Vitale

Alek Bohigian
Reply to  AmateurNerd

I feel like we need a laughing emoji to add to the thumbs up and down. I want people to know this response made me laugh.

Kings Guru21

Be well, HB.

Greg Lederman
3 months ago

Remember that classic scene when Ferris told Cameron he was only primarily asymptomatic??:comment image

Tom Cutter
Reply to  Gregoryl

I’m waiting for the ending .. Kings 2020 NBA Champs Parade in Orlando??
Shake it up baby Yeah …

Last edited 3 months ago by ZillersCat
Tom Cutter
3 months ago

NBA Bubble did you say … Ace Ventura in the Bubble .. Alrighty Then.. Laces out ..

3 months ago

Is covid anything more than a media frenzy punking politicians into action? Ok there’s a new virus it’s not andromeda strain!!! If they tested for the flu this aggressively and every death a medical examiner didn’t inspect was the flu or a cold would you really wear a mask 1/3 of the year

T D
Reply to  Dap

Worth a read if you are interested in intellectual honesty:

I read in full
I believe there is a virus i also believe people are dying from covid what i don’t believe is this new virus is andromeda strain/t virus/insert here i don’t believe disallowing people to earn a living (I’ve been working full time) or enjoy the money they are making or even enjoy a good non home cooked meal is acceptable I’ll stop here

Last edited 3 months ago by Dap
Adam Dieter
Reply to  Dap

Then do you have a solution? Honest question. If you acknowledge people are dying from COVID (by all figures more than than the annual flu over the past 90 years), then what are we supposed to do?

By no figures*
.037%
If my memory is correct. 007% above the flu
Solution is simple life goes on or if you’re scared go to church
Edit:.044% & +.14 from cdc if you need a link

Last edited 3 months ago by Dap
Adam Dieter
Reply to  Dap

So if I’m scared of getting sick I should go where people congregate? I’m definitely having my chain yanked, right?

3 months ago

If you’re scared stay scared i enjoyed the freeway being open

Bryan B
Reply to  Dap

.044% mortality rate? Sure, I’ll take the link.

Reply to  BeTheBall

Not finding original fact check here’s abc 39.82 of 100,000 = .039% simple elementary math closer to original number

Skip to section US has 9th worst… top 3 paragraphs

Bryan B
Reply to  Dap

So you’re saying that people who don’t have COVID-19 aren’t dying from COVID-19? Hot damn, that’s quite a bold statement.

No offense, but you’re not very good at this.

T I
Reply to  Dap

Gosh, who to believe – almost every expert immunologist/virologist/scientist, or a guy who won’t replace the broken shift and period keys on his keyboard?

T D
3 months ago

My intention was to actually attempt to engage a bit on an informational level only (trying to leave out politics, judgment and whatnot).

But then I had to make dinner for the fam and when I returned … poof, that notion was gone!

Adam Dieter
Reply to  Dap

I get it…facts are hard. I get a kick out of the logic that if I don’t go to the dentist, I don’t get diagnosed with cavities, therefore I don’t need to brush my teeth. It makes sense across the flat Earth I suppose.

3 months ago

Nobody shut the world down bc or your cavities & go to the dentist cmon do you really want missing or yellow teeth?

3 months ago

Why flat earth? Look at the moon the question isn’t if there a virus it’s if the 5th of 19 Corona virus’ to infect humans ids a big deal the other 4 you would call a clod/flu have you done any research?

Adam Dieter

Am I being chasm’d?

Last edited 3 months ago by Adamsite
Kevin Lam
3 months ago

Yeah, I think it’s pretty much confirmed this is just a troll account.

3 months ago

A goat among sheep rip str have fun hating bagley & whatever else happens here
Run sanji

Bryan B
Reply to  Dap

5th of 19 coronaviruses? Holy shit…so it’s like the Pete Best of viruses.

Reply to  BeTheBall

Niaid good enough? This all from memory months ago when i cared omg there’s 7 not 5
Btw national institute of allergies & infectious diseases (it’s .gov)
Edit for link

Last edited 3 months ago by Dap
Reply to  Dap

You sheep need non Gov non national news? You want scientific American nat geo type? Don’t trust them either? Sorry I don’t want to show you links on masks
Do some damn research stop regurgitating propaganda

c k
Reply to  Dap

Can we go back to basketball? I’m sure there are forums for you to complain about us sheeple. You aren’t going to convince anyone on here and we aren’t going to convince you.

Ars Legendi
Reply to  cbrody

There’s this Kings site I used to frequent that’s totally cool with letting stuff like this go unremarked on… dare I say, welcomed and celebrated?… these days.

Last edited 3 months ago by ArsLegendi
Jeromy Simonoff
Reply to  Dap

I like your comedy routine. Will you be performing here often?

Last edited 3 months ago by Sacto_J
T I
Reply to  Dap

You don’t know what the 19 stands for in COVID-19? You might want to look up the word “novel” as well.

Tom Cutter
3 months ago

| isn’t if there a virus it’s if the 5th of 19 Corona virus’

The French humorist Pierre Desproges used to say: “It’s better to look stupid than to open your mouth and leave no doubt about it”

Dap’s comments can make a blog thread which was washed up, go from 30 comments to 45 overnight. Also very amusing.

Regarding 19th
I think the Original quote came from Rush Limbaugh, then followed by Kellyanne Conway? +1 Otis

T I
Reply to  ZillersCat

“If it’s the 19th, how can it be novel? Why not call it the traditional coronavirus?”

Alek Bohigian
Reply to  Dap

Awwww you were cute before but now it’s just tragic.

T D
3 months ago

I am an oscillating fan blowing back and forth between amused and depressed.

A short video that sums up just about everything in the world today:

Ican Hascheezburger
3 months ago

Yeah, saw that! I wonder what the footage looked like that they edited out? Hopefully there were some more people who took masks. Props to those two guys for trying.

I used to think “yep, that’s OC and all of those beaches down south acting like that, but here around Pasadena and all over LA there are so many people walking around without masks. It’s like I’m taking crazy pills or something.

T D
3 months ago

Yeah, it’s amusing when the rest of the country paints CA as some cultural monolith of liberal elitism. It’s a crazy diverse place in every way: culturally, politically, intellectually.

The Sacto area has a crap ton of this too. Both close to the city center and even more as you get into the suburb/foothill communities.

So it goes.

Ican Hascheezburger
3 months ago

I know what you mean, 1951. Wife and I took a drive through the country outside of LA and saw a cafe in a tiny town with a sign posted that read

“ANTIFA AND URBAN PEOPLE, WE WELCOME YOU WITH OPEN CARRYARMS”

I don’t know about Antifa, but we did not stick around long enough to take a photo.

And years back when I used to believe it was a south/north thing, I was awakened to the small towns in the Northeast. Played a 4th of July house party gig with my band in a small New Hampshire town (LIVE FREE OR DIE!) and had racial slurs and intimidation thrown my way.

Last edited 3 months ago by Kosta
T I
3 months ago

even more as you get into the suburb/foothill communities.

Can confirm. I’m barely in the foothills outside of Folsom and our Nextdoor feed reads like a Breitbart message board.

Tom Cutter
3 months ago

Heh, Couldn’t stay on NextDoor. Lots of fearful people on there. People should just talk.

Ican Hascheezburger
3 months ago

Does Nextdoor allow someone to report any L*ker jersey wearing neighbors? That’s what I would’ve used it for!

Adam Dieter
3 months ago

You should see the stuff up here in Placer county above Auburn. I know folks who won’t travel down to Sac because they are genuinely afraid of Antifa and leave disturbing notes on cars that have a rainbow flag sticker.

Eric W
3 months ago

I like to swing by TJ’s Roadhouse on my way to Tahoe to pick up all my State of Jefferson gear.

T I
3 months ago

What was it, six weeks ago that everyone was freaking out that Antifa was going to burn down the suburbs? My neighbor across the street (nice guy, but a pretty right-wing) was almost giddy with excitement that he’d get to shoot some rioters.

The Facebook rumors were that Target was burning, the Purple Place was about to be destroyed by roving mobs, and they would head up Green Valley road and start taking down Serrano and the surrounding EDH neighborhoods.

Fifth Mookie
3 months ago

That was…. really saddening. Tell me it was scripted, please?

Tim Go

Late to the party again

trackback

[…] now that things have started up I remember why I had so many concerns. Four Kings players have tested positive for coronavirus. Richaun Holmes broke quarantine and is undergoing a period of isolation before he can practice or […]

Patreon Supporter    Registered On Day 1    Published Post