Articles | NBA Draft

2021 Kings Herald Draft Board: Pick No. 7

Jonathan Kuminga is off the board.

With 75% of the vote, Jonathan Kuminga got the 6th spot on the Kings Herald Draft Board.  He joins Scottie Barnes, Jalen Suggs, Jalen Green, Evan Mobley and Cade Cunningham.

When a choice comes up, pick who you'd want the Kings to pick given all the players remaining.  Note: THIS IS NOT A MOCK DRAFT. This is a draft board, a ranked list of prospects you'd like to see the Kings pick. In other words, if we were the Kings front office, when our pick came up, we'd take the top name left on our board. So pick your choice, not who you think Monte McNair or anyone else would choose in a slot.

Explain your choice in the comments, and lobby for who should be added to the next pick's choices.

This poll ends at 7 AM tomorrow. The next one will begin shortly after.  We will go roughly 20 picks deep.

Bryant
Member
July 14, 2021 9:08 am

Moses Moody. Best 3-and-D player in the draft, long and strong enough to play either wing spot, very capable shooter, gets to the line a ton, good rebounder for his position, on an on and on. His numbers dipped in the NCAA tournament when teams started running doubles at him, but I don’t think you’re drafting Moody to be the focal point of your offense. You’re drafting him to space the floor for Fox and Hali and take advantage of overplays, and to help shore up your defense.

Will likely never be an All-Star, but he flashes enough off the dribble pull-up that I don’t think it’s impossible that he takes a big leap and surprises us all (he IS just 18, after all, and spent the year as an SEC squad’s most dangerous scorer). Overall, he’s just a physical, versatile player who I think fits in great next to our core guards.

cloudyeyes
July 14, 2021 10:14 am
Reply to  Bryant

I see Buddy Hield with a bit better defense with him.

Bryant
Member
July 14, 2021 10:46 am
Reply to  cloudyeyes

I don’t think he’s anywhere close to Buddy in terms of being a movement shooter. I think more “slightly shorter Mikal Bridges”.

July 14, 2021 2:07 pm
Reply to  Bryant

I’m sold.

July 14, 2021 9:11 am

Took Keon Johnson here. Full disclosure: I am not drafting with next season or the current roster in mind. Johnson could be boom or bust by the end of year three, and I’m betting on the boom.

NorCalKingsFan
July 14, 2021 6:24 pm

I voted for Moody.

With that said, I believe K. Johnson is one of those players that could be great, I’m torn over him or Z. Williams as the late lottery diamond (ala Haliburton or Mitchell). If we are talking about taking a swing for the fences and everyone else taken so far is off the board, I could see the Kings taking Johnson or Williams at #9. I’d prefer they move back a few spots if that is what they want to do, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

MaybeNextYear
July 14, 2021 9:33 am

This is where the board is bound to get wild. I’m voting for Wagner, but I’ll understand just about any pick here.

July 14, 2021 9:35 am

Gimme some MoMo.

cloudyeyes
July 14, 2021 10:16 am

Jalen Johnson wasn’t on the board, so I went with the next one on my list in Franz Wagner – jack of all trades type of player in the same mold as Harrison Barnes.

Jalen Johnson provides rim protection, shot 44% from the 3 at 6’9″, decent finisher at the rim, reminds me of Patrick Williams.

Last edited 21 days ago by cloudyeyes
richie88
July 14, 2021 10:57 am
Reply to  cloudyeyes

There was an option for “other” where you could’ve written Jalen Johnson in.

cloudyeyes
July 14, 2021 2:43 pm
Reply to  richie88

The “other” option never seems to work in the grand scheme of things, unfortunately. It’s sort of like a 7A/7B option for me between Franz and Jalen.

Last edited 21 days ago by cloudyeyes
Bbmuteman
July 14, 2021 10:22 am

Usman Garuba. Kings need some defense.

richie88
July 14, 2021 10:53 am

I think Wagner’s well-rounded game makes him the BPA.

PhutureKings
July 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Sengun!

Full disclosure, I had a dream last night that we took Wagner. Sengun went right after him and I had flashbacks of the McLemore/McCollum draft.

July 14, 2021 1:18 pm
Reply to  PhutureKings

You have the ability to see the Phuture!

And the past. 🙂

I picked Sengun, too, but I’m not really strongly for or against any of these players at this slot. I’ll probably be fine with whoever of these guys listed gets picked, and would watch loads of highlight film until the season starts to get my hopes up as usual.

Last edited 21 days ago by Kosta
Hobby916
July 14, 2021 1:14 pm

Bouknight for me. I think the offense will be needed when Hield is gone and Davis signs elsewhere. I see a dude that just seems to know how to score. Give him a good supporting cast (his UCONN team was awful) and I think he is near 20ppg for his career. Defensively, not sure what to expect. Seems to have some skill there, maybe he can become a solid defender down the line.

Kai Jones to the list next?

July 14, 2021 2:06 pm

It’s a crap shoot for me the rest of the way, but for now I’m going with Moody. Youth, length, and shooting.

NorCalKingsFan
July 14, 2021 6:19 pm

M. Moody – see Bryant’s comment above.

BasketballHella
July 15, 2021 1:34 am

Time to go get Mr Moody. BPA and has a good shot of becoming something in the league.

Patreon Supporter    Registered On Day 1    Published Post  Published Post Nostradumbass