Articles | NBA Draft

2020 Kings Herald Draft Board: Pick No. 2

Anthony Edwards was picked as the consensus favorite atop the Kings Herald community draft board. Who will be next?

With 43.3% of the vote, Anthony Edwards is the consensus top pick of the Kings Herald community.  This matches most draft consensus, although it is less overwhelming than many years.

When a choice comes up, pick who you'd want the Kings to pick given all the players remaining.  Note: THIS IS NOT A MOCK DRAFT. This is a draft board, a ranked list of prospects you'd like to see the Kings pick. In other words, if we were the Kings front office, when our pick came up, we'd take the top name left on our board. So pick your choice, not who you think Monte McNair or anyone else would choose in a slot.

Explain your choice in the comments, and lobby for who should be added to the next pick's choices.

This poll ends at 5 AM tomorrow. The next one will begin shortly thereafter.  We will go roughly 15 picks deep.

November 2, 2020 9:34 am

Killian Hayes and Tyrese Haliburton are my next two and it really is a toss up for me. That being said I’m going Haliburton because I think he has other intangibles that make him the better overall player. Hayes is may end up being the better player or star down the road, but is also the greater risk between the two.

Haliburton just has the size, passing, shooting, and defense that are more proven. I think he could be the perfect backcourt mate to Fox.

Also, just to prove how crazy this draft board and actual NBA draft is gonna be. The first player chosen only got 43% of the votes.

November 2, 2020 9:36 am

It’s a shame to have lost the STR archive. I’d love to see the percentages on the 2018 draft.

November 2, 2020 9:38 am

I’d put money on Luka getting a vast majority of the votes. I honestly can’t recall anyone advocating or Ayton over him.

November 2, 2020 9:38 am

There were definitely a couple BIG Ayton fans among the regulars.

November 2, 2020 9:41 am

I wish I could remember my votes. I know my overall “Big Board” went Luka, JJJ, Young. Then I think it was Ayton. Bagley generally bounced around in the 6-8 range for me.

Bbmuteman
November 2, 2020 10:13 am

I loved and still do love ayton. I would have picked ayton at 2 if he fell. I advocated for trading down and taking bamba and porter jr.

November 2, 2020 12:06 pm
Reply to  Bbmuteman

And you voted for Wiseman here. I’m thinking you may have a type.

Bbmuteman