With the season postponed until further notice, there’s been very little to discuss in our Kings-dom.
Bogdan BogdanoviÄ, the 27-year-old Shooting Guard for the Sacramento Kings, was named to onto the Turkish Airlines EuroLeague All-Decade Team on Tuesday.
Bogdan BogdanoviÄ is a team-oriented player who is outstanding in clutch situations. A fantastic all-around scorer, his efficiency and passing skills improved from year to year to make him even more unpredictable. Bogdanovic started the decade with Partizan Belgrade and spent part of it with Fenerbahce Istanbul under legendary head coach Zeljko Obradovic, with which he won a EuroLeague title.
- Let’s review the BogdanoviÄ EuroLeague timeline:
- Joined Partizan in 2010
- Debuted with Partizan in October 2012
- Earned the 2013-14 EuroLeague Rising Star Trophy, after averaging 14.8 points, 3.7 assists and 1.6 steals in 23 games.
- Earned a second consecutive Rising Star award in the 2014-15 season (the only player to do it with two separate clubs)
- Drafted with the 27th pick in the First Round of the 2014 NBA Draft (he’s turned out to be one of the best players in that class)
- Played for Fenerbahce for the next three seasons (with three Final Four Appearances).
- Led Fenerbahce to the championship game in 2016, a loss against CSKA Moscow.
- Led Fenerbahce to the 2017 EuroLeague Championship.
- Named MVP of the month, April 2017
- Named to the 2016-17 All-EuroLeague First Team
- Debuted with the Sacramento Kings in October 2017
- Named to 2010-20 All-Decade Euroleague Team
Congratulations are in order for BogdanoviÄ! He made himself into a Fenerbahce legend. Investing in that pedigree is a smart move for the Kings – if all goes right in the coming years, he’ll be a Sacramento legend as well.