Articles | Commentary

The 2019-20 Season is finally over

380 days from training camp to the title.

The 2019-20 NBA season is finally over. From the time of the first media day sessions to the crowning of the NBA Champion took a whopping 380 days, according to the diligent Marc Stein.

The season saw delays as the league shut down in March before eventually returning in the bubble. The bubble saw additional delays as players went on strike in protest for racial justice. But now, at long last, it's over. (Some team won the title but that hardly seems important at this time.)

We now look forward in earnest to the offseason, the draft, free agency, and to finding out how the NBA plans to conduct the upcoming year. We know the new season will be delayed (seasons usually tip off in late October), and current speculation is that the league will begin the regular season sometime in January.

The NBA Draft is scheduled for November 18th.

We're still waiting for the NBA to allow trades to begin. Per Keith Smith, that should happen in the next couple of weeks.

In the coming weeks we'll also get clarity on the league's salary cap for next season, clarification on dates for contract options, and much more.

The season is finally over and the league now gets to figure out how to do it all over again.

In the meantime we can reflect on all that has changed. Aside from the obvious things, like the entire world changing in the wake of a pandemic, there are smaller changes also worth mentioning. When the season started De'Aaron Fox had all his hair. When the season started the Kings had Dewayne Dedmon as starting center. When the season started we were all employed at a different website.

It's been, by far, the craziest year of NBA action that I have ever experienced. Thank you for being here to enjoy the ride with us.

Akis Yerocostas
Admin
11 days ago

I just want to leave this gem of a tweet from Richard here:

Reply to  Aykis16

Have a feeling those writers over there are ecstatic about the L*kers winning.

Reply to  Aykis16

Anyone else still occasionally find their finger typing “s…a…c…t”?

Just went and checked the Napear thread there, it’s about as much activity as they’ve seen in a while. You can tell we left most of the troglodytes behind.

Now it’s “k…i…”

On that note, I’m always very careful about making sure I type in the full name of “Pottery Barn” before hitting enter. That “p…o…” is dangerous.

Grant should probably be careful about inputting “Nuggets”

Fifth Mookie
10 days ago

I often type s…a… and immediately have to close the window after opening the old site. I won’t read anything there on principle.

Jeff Bayless
Reply to  Aykis16

(i dont get it)
help plz

Reply to  jay14bay

The “writers” that are running that site now (into the ground) are Lakers writers / fans that on-boarded other CA sites as part of their responsibilities.

10 days ago

I get the frustration at Vox for the situation, especially by the writers who had to vacate their STR jobs. But the mean spiritedness I’ve seen about the current STR staff, especially from TKH writers, is off putting and childish. Regardless of how you feel about the situation, undermining other writers who are just trying to survive in their profession is a bad look. Do better, Rob.

Last edited 10 days ago by PretendGhost
Reply to  PretendGhost

With all due respect, probably not going to give a lot of consideration to a comment left by someone that has hijacked Tom Ziller’s name. I know you’re not Tom, as TZ would have contacted me directly.

And for what it’s worth, my comment is 100% factually correct. They are Lakers fans, and readership at StR is down exponentially. /Shrugs.

10 days ago

I chose this name because I thought it wouldn’t be available. Since it was, I thought it would be funny to keep. My name at STR was PretendGhost (formerly BloodyNate), and I was a regular reader/commenter from 2012 until now.

I like you folks at TKH, which is why I come here. I like your jokes, enjoy the mix of hope and pessimism, and think the analysis and discourse are the best quality in Sac media.

What I don’t like is seeing artists shit on other artists. Who cares if readserhip is down? You’re not there, it’s not your business anymore. Furthering that with comments questioning their creds as writers and undermining their efforts to adapt to a changing work environment is really frustrating, and makes you look bitter.

Be angry at Vox, they fucked up big time and screwed over all of you talented folks. Don’t be angry at the writers, they’re doing their best, and encouraging a tribalistic othering of their site and work could put their jobs in jeapordy, which is a shitty thing to do since you should know how hard it is to get a job in this industry.

Or do what you want. But I’m gonna call out shitty attitudes where I see it.

10 days ago

When you have a position of leadership, it’s really not a good look to face valid criticism with apathy,

Last edited 10 days ago by PretendGhost
Reply to  PretendGhost

0-2. I see no valid criticism, and I certainly have no authority.

10 days ago

1) I never said authority, I said leadership. You’re undeniably in a position of leadership. You have influence as a long-time staff member and one-time contributor, and you have the ability to set tone. Like it or not, what you say matters, and that means you have a responsibility with what you say.

2) Please explain to me which of my criticisms are invalid. You’re being avoidant to the point of trolling

Reply to  PretendGhost

I’m a member here, you’re a member here. Equal ground. One membership per person. I have no influence other than my opinion and whether or not one agrees with it.

I cannot fathom how these comments come within 1,000,000 miles of harming the writers at StR, which you have posited in this thread.

This is such an interesting place for you to dig in your heels and double down, even attempting to add issues that do not exist (the threat to their jobs, for example). I don’t buy it. Not one bit. And I say that with my real name on my comments. You should try it.

Last word to you.

Reply to  PretendGhost

From the little I’ve read, I think they are a mixed bag from a writing perspective. So I don’t really have a problem with that – but let’s not pretend there’s some honor in what they did.

And expecting a group of people at this site to not talk about that site is pretty naive. That was most everyone’s home for what, a decade?

Having said all that, I always enjoyed your contributions at that site. Big fan (no sarcasm).

10 days ago

I’m not trying to say those folks are any better or worse than anybody else. Nor am I saying what they did is noble. I’m saying that they’re people doing their best to survive in a difficult profession, and undermining that primarily due to bitterness is pretty low brow

I also don’t expect people to stop talking about STR anymore than I expect people to stop talking about Luka. But blaming the new STR writers for Vox’s mistake is like blaming McNair for Vlade’s.

side thing, I do appreciate that last comment. I never expected that anyone would recognize me here, so that actually does mean a lot. You’re one of the good ones.

Last edited 10 days ago by PretendGhost
Fifth Mookie
Reply to  PretendGhost

I had no idea this wasn’t the real TZ till now. I feel completely bamboozled.

I *hate* that you took that user name, and your use of it makes everything you say on this site meaningless.

You’re better than that. Be better. Jeezus.

You’ve got no right whatsoever to lecture others on what’s ok to do online when you pull that ish. Complete garbage.

Reply to  TheFifthMookie

Honestly if someone taking a username is more frustrating to you than people making a passive effort to sabotage someone’s job, I don’t really care what you think ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reply to  PretendGhost

Can’t edit anymore, so a follow up note:
You raise a valid criticism, Mookie, that I am impersonating the voice of someone that has a relationship to and influence on the folks here, and that’s dishonest and potentially a little damaging. If there’s a way to change my username, I’ll do that; if not, I may make a new account and use one of my old usernames, or go with something entirely different.

I’d say we could all do with normalizing changing our opinions in the face of valid criticism

9 days ago
Reply to  Greg

Thanks, Tom Ziller!

(we’re on to you, Tom. And your cat.)

Tom Cutter
9 days ago

You can trust the cat. I am not Kosta!

Last edited 9 days ago by ZillersCat
Fifth Mookie
Reply to  PretendGhost

Something constructive happened here today.

Last edited 10 days ago by TheFifthMookie
10 days ago

To be fair and honest, I’m not Kosta Koufos.

Kevin Lam

No high five for you.

10 days ago

“Live by the sword, die by the sword!”

Parker Wells
10 days ago

The key difference is DeMarcus took the 2nd one personally.

Kevin Lam
Reply to  Wonderchild

Rory Cornell
10 days ago

I’m actually Kosta Koufos FYI. I’m the greek god of ohio.

Nice try, Matina!

We know where you buried the bodies.

Fifth Mookie

What? noooooo!

Reply to  PretendGhost

How was that comment mean spirited?

10 days ago

In this instance, putting the word writers in quotes implies that they are not writers, or not worthy to write about the Kings. That combined with the bitterness and hate I’ve seen aimed at those writers (who are just tryna make a buck and build their portfolios) from various members of the staff and commenters really leaves an unnecessary air of negativity that actively effects people’s livelihoods.

Reply to  PretendGhost

Those writers made a choice to “just try to make a buck and build their portfolios” over the corpses of the people who actually made that site great. In my humble opinion.

And I don’t have some great anger towards them, but they did what they did – and if you ride the ride, you gotta pay the fee.

I guess i don’t find it mean spirited to point out what is objectively true in that particular situation.

Kevin Lam
10 days ago

I don’t really see making jokes and poking fun at that one other site to be particular “mean.”

10 days ago

If you were empathic you would know.

K W
Reply to  PretendGhost

Did you read the new writers’ first posts when they took over STR? All (or almost all) mentioned they were Lakers fans and/or from LA. They admitted, directly or indirectly, that their knowledge of the Kings and Kings fandom was limited. Their actual writing was, IMHO, sophomoric–it lacked anything that could be considered “insight” or “analysis” to anybody with even a casual awareness of the Kings. In short, they walked into the house and immediately shat the bed. It was obvious to (almost) everyone that they lacked the loyalty and knowledge that being a good fan site writer requires. That’s why we’re all here now.

Last edited 10 days ago by AmateurNerd
Reply to  AmateurNerd

I’m not questioning the quality of the work. You will make your own decision about that. I am questioning the choice to remain angry at people who had nothing to do with why TKH staff lost their jobs at STR. It costs nothing to be kind.

Reply to  PretendGhost

They had nothing to do with it, they just benefited from it.

10 days ago

When you have mouths to feed and passion to pursue, you take the job you can get. They didn’t run the STR folks out, and directing your ire at them is nonsense

Reply to  PretendGhost

Nonsense is purporting that commenting in this thread somehow threatens the jobs of the current StR staff. But by all means, carry on. And on. And on.

Do better.

10 days ago

This thread alone, no. But you guys have influence that the people here listen to, and the broader narrative purported by some in TKH staff has been one of unkindness towards these writers. The bitterness that has been and continues to be aimed at the new staff – not the site, which is completely valid, but the staff – by commenters and TKH staff alike, even before they were hired, has continued to lack tact.

Did you see the vitriol that was aimed at the new writers in their comments sections when they took over? It was scarcely about their work, and often about their role. Do you think that they deserve to be attacked like that for doing their jobs? Do you think that maybe they could’ve gotten off to a better start and had an opportunity to foster a new culture if TKH staff hadn’t tanked the site and encouraged (whether overtly or covertly) people to have a distaste for them before they even started?

Hell, there even could have been some sort of relationship formed between that staff and this staff that may have made for some enjoyable and insightful content. I’d be curious to see conversations between the two staffs in the form of an article series or podcasts or whatever else (hosted here, obviously, cuz fuck Vox). But I wouldn’t blame the STR staff if they decided against it because of how the choices and statements by some at TKH have affected their work at STR.

Last edited 10 days ago by PretendGhost
Jeff Bayless
9 days ago
Reply to  PretendGhost

I have absolutely no influence but I will go ahead and say that the current STR writers suck ass, and that was without knowing they were actually Laker fans.

Since when is criticism not ok? Do you also believe in trophies for last place?

9 days ago
Reply to  jay14bay

I am not saying don’t question the quality of their writing. That is entirely one’s own choice. I am saying that there is a level of respect that people deserve, especially when they’re in their place of work, that is not being provided. Folks at TKH have chosen to belittle and ridicule writers because of a decision that Vox made and because they choose to be a fan of another team.

Reply to  PretendGhost

I didn’t say anything about them running the StR folks out, as the comment you responded to noted.

And I agree with your first half of your first sentence, but if you walk over bodies to do the second, you’re eligible for criticism, IMO.

10 days ago

I see what you’re saying, but it also ignores how hard and terrifying this fucking country and industry are to survive in. I know far too many people for whom making even a few extra bucks doing something they love would benefit their own mental and financially wellbeing exponentially.

Is it wrong that that came at the expense of TKH writers? Absolutely. Is it right that the STR staff should be viewed as “less than” for hustling as hard as they can? In this economy, you take what you can get.

Reply to  PretendGhost

First, you’re assuming facts not in evidence. If you know these people personally and can speak to their individual financial and employment situations, I’ll stand corrected.

Second, we’ve had this conversation in the past about James Ham – what does it take to get you to sacrifice a bit of your morality for a career gain? Maybe it’s simply a difficult financial situation. Maybe it’s just being able to do the job you’ve always wanted to do. Maybe I’d have done the same thing in his/their situation.

But none of that absolves them (or wouldn’t absolve me) of criticism for making that choice.

c k
Reply to  PretendGhost

Fuck them. They are a bunch of errand boys, sent by the grocer to collect a debt.

if you don’t have an irrational hatred for all things Lakers then I have to question your fandom.

I was willing to give them a chance till I read their introductory post. They are a bunch of hacks aggregating news and puking it out in mindless articles to fill quotas.

They will find no quarter here.

Reply to  cbrody

Fine, question my fandom, as if that means anything at all. Tribalism is cancer, and thinking less of people simply for preferring a different jersey does nothing to make the world a better place.

If they’re hacks, let them be hacks. Perhaps they would be more inspired to write deeper analysis if they saw any reward for doing so from the community.

c k
Reply to  PretendGhost

When it comes to the kings then yes tribalism is important. In real life it is cancer that’s why we keep it to sports.

I’m sure you’re a great fan. I’m just talking shit. But I mean everything I say about those hacks. Aggregating does not make you an artist.

I don’t care what they do with their site. It’s insulting to have it run by a bunch of Lakers so I just ignore it.

Fifth Mookie
Reply to  AmateurNerd

Yup – They were people doing a job as best they could. There was no way they could match the quality and connectedness to the Kings that the writers who were dumped by Vox did. I don’t hate them, and were I in there situation, may have even made the choices they made, I can’t tell from here – but I have to say that giggling like a teenager over their fan allegiance at a moment that went well for them as fans was a lot of fun.

Brian Thomas
Reply to  AmateurNerd

I didn’t see any of the posts from the new writers. Are there links to those posts, or a date range so I can look at them. I’m genuinely interested in reading them.

Mark Murray
Reply to  jay14bay

Sactown Royalty is now staffed by people from LA

Kevin Lam
11 days ago

I still remember the night of March 11, when it was reported Rudy Gobert tested positive for COVID-19 and then just shortly after that Woj and Shams tweeted out that the NBA season was being suspended.

I think for many of us, prior to the suspension, people were still kind of going about their normal, everyday lives. Sure, I did notice for the past month that stores were always sold out of disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer, but generally speaking I don’t think the seriousness of the virus was there until that night. I remember being in a state of shock when the news of the suspension came out, and I think it was a wake up call to many people about the virus. I will admit that until that moment I didn’t realize the seriousness of it either. The very next day at work my boss had a company meeting talking about COVID and I remember him saying “I don’t think a lockdown is likely, but if it happens I can afford to pay you guys for around a couple months.” And then a few days later, the Bay Area ordered everyone to shelter-in-place, followed by the whole state of California and then many other states. It definitely was a surreal feeling, and a timeline I never thought I would ever be living in.

Here we are, seven months after that happened. I’ve been furloughed from my job for the last 3.5 months, but I’m very lucky to be in a position that I am not doing too bad financially (although I do have to watch way more on my spending). Through it all, I am very glad to have all you guys here to talk to. TKH has definitely helped me get through the days. 🙂

11 days ago

My career got put on pause that day. I remember taking to the restaurant owner and realizing we didn’t have a business anymore. The NBA going on hiatus was the canary in the coal mine for luxury dining. The Kings felt pretty remote at that point.

First Last

Michael Ehrgott

*pushes folding chair back from circle and stands up with hand raised* “Recovering STR reader over here now scratching at the fresh Kings Herald sores. Hey Joe Rogan, you got any of that sweet Kangz commentary?”

andy sims
11 days ago

Because of course the season where Lose Walton became head coach turned into the longest, most-drawn out one in history.

And it definitely felt that way.

Michael Ehrgott

The horror…

tenor3.gif
11 days ago

L*kers jettison Luke Walton from their team. Win championship.

Vivek, follow the winning model.

Tom Cutter
11 days ago

“ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED”

Rik Smits
11 days ago

I was pretty sure the NBA bubble would burst. Kudo’s to the league.

I was also pretty sure that this team’s outrage at being disrespected by the league would leave them with egg on their face; it did.

I wished that firing Vlade would have a cathartic influence on my view of this franchise; it didn’t.

I had fun watching the play-off runs of Denver and Miami. I despise the Fakers.

I hope Monte will know what to do, and get the backing he needs from Vivek, Dumars and Matina. I am not holding my breath.

I want to thank the mods and commenters of The Kings Herald to share those great experiences.

Winter is coming.

Kevin Lam

T D
11 days ago

I thought Otis/Section were me but now I am thinking that RikSmits is part of my brain too!

Translation: I approve your message in its entirety.

Last edited 11 days ago by 1951
Rik Smits
11 days ago

I am RikSmits, and I approve this message.

Quick check: what are your first 3 thoughts when you see the below gif?

Last edited 11 days ago by RikSmits
10 days ago

Rik, what do you think of this? (I had no idea about this until now, trying to find a gif for you):

Last edited 10 days ago by Kosta
Rik Smits
10 days ago

I am confused What in the name of Ted Washington’s belly is this?

10 days ago

I have no idea. I tried to find a good Cleveland Browns gif, but apparently younger generations will now know Bernie Kosar as a beagle.

Last edited 10 days ago by Kosta
Kevin Lam

Adam Silver = GOAT

Kevin Lam

Rory Cornell
11 days ago

In related news, I was just hired as VP of Culinary Arts for the Sacramento Kings. I will report directly to Vivek, but also advise McNair on basketball/dietary related matters.

11 days ago

“We’re gonna need bigger toilets”

Parker Wells
11 days ago

It really is remarkable what the NBA accomplished with this bubble, especially considering that bubble was in Florida, who has handled their COVID responses terribly.

Adam Silver seemed to be ultra cautious in finishing this season when setting up this bubble, but I don’t know if he’s willing to do so next season. He seems hell bent on having fans in the stands, likely getting significant pressure from the managing partners of the teams to make it happen (if possible). But he can’t put the players (and fans) at risk just to do it. Don’t be like other sports (looking at you NFL!).

Parker Wells
Reply to  Greg

The biggest correlation I’ve seen is how much better the NBA/NBPA’s relationship is compared to the NFL/NFLPA. One group worked together to highlight player safety while also investing in better/faster COVID testing methods, and the other group is the NFL/NFLPA.

The NFL is doing it wrong in two ways: they don’t seem to care about player safety (which isn’t surprising in the slightest), and they didn’t alter the schedule to make room for makeup games.

Jerry Reynolds
Reply to  Wonderchild

The NBA can not survive if they can not get fans back in the seats ! Most teams bleeding money and the 150 million cost of the bubble can not be continued ! TV ratings in the tank and many so called Billionaire owners are not due to virus and other holdings down the tube ! Check Houston – owner borrowed 350 million to stay afloat ! Golden One needs 200 events per year and has had zero since March ! Season needs to start in January or February with butts in the seats !

Adam Dieter
Reply to  rockbottom

If this post had more words in ALL CAPS, I would swear someone more famous wrote it.

c k
Reply to  rockbottom

If you can convince your death cult to wear masks you might get to see a game in person next year.

Parker Wells
Reply to  rockbottom

I have little sympathy for billionaires that complain about money loss. Especially for Fertitta in Houston (top 5 market in the NBA) who just bought that team a couple years ago. He borrowed $350 million because someone was willing to loan it to him, not because he needed it.

Reply to  rockbottom

Welcome to the party!

There’s no real good solution here, NBA owners need to deal with the situation just like every business owner. Only difference, is every one of these guys will likely still be a billionaire when we’re on the other side of this.

First Last

Question:

Would you attend a Kings game next season with say, 10,000 fans in attendance and mandatory spacing? If not, is there another number you’d be comfortable with?

T D
11 days ago

Not yet. Still taking a “wait and see” approach.

First Last
11 days ago

I’d have to think about it. I’m a serious germaphobe and can already move through G1C without touching anything. I think the entrance would be the most stressful part.

James Desmond
11 days ago

I’d go with the full 17 grand if allowed.

Reply to  SierraSpartan

17, 317?

andy sims
11 days ago

Not a chance. Until there’s a vaccine and/or cure that is verified effective by, you know, scientists, I’m not going to be anywhere that there might be a lot of people. Admittedly, this is not terribly different than my general approach to opportunities for socializing or communal get-togethers.

The soonest I see any semblance of normality is late summer 2021, but perhaps not until mid-2022.

Did you see the footage from downtown LA last night? We aren’t getting free of this anytime soon.

Rory Cornell
11 days ago

I was thinking about this yesterday. If they had mandatory masks in the arena and outdoor eating/drinking only, then they could probably make it work. I don’t know if every arena can pull off the outdoor part though.

Kevin Lam
11 days ago

Or the mask wearing part, for that matter, considering a ton of people will probably just pull their mask down once they are inside.

11 days ago

Masks should be considered a perk for Kings fans. They should be giving out “witness protection” masks at the door.

Kevin Lam
11 days ago

“Masks required for watching the Kings live.”
comment image?ver=2017-01-19-150945-073

Marvin Bags!

Parker Wells
11 days ago

the vomit bags already took that name.

Shaan S

This is what I’m thinking. With the cheering and eating/drinking snacks masks are probably bound to be pulled down during the games.

Mark Murray
11 days ago

A lot would have to change between now and then. Knowing that COVID seems to be spread primarily through the moisture in our breath, that is a lot of people in a confined space to put at risk. Most masks seem to do a decent job of limiting the reach of the moisture in our breath over short periods of time, but I think a basketball game would be too long in close proximity.

Parker Wells
11 days ago

I could do 50% capacity (roughly every other seat) under certain situations. I’d imagine all concessions (including the Sierra Nevada bar) would have to be delivery only. Most people would have to be in their seats except for bathroom breaks. Loitering would have to be limited to avoid large crowd gatherings.

Reply to  Wonderchild

Hadn’t even thought about bathroom breaks. No way to physically distance, considering you just about have to spoon with people to get past them in those rows.

Stadium Buddy!

(disclaimer: I have never used one)

10 days ago

Protip: Don’t get your Stadium Buddy mixed up with your Beer Helmet.

Parker Wells
10 days ago

If you’re drinking Bud Light, how can you tell the difference?

Reply to  Wonderchild

Refried Beans–how can you tell if they’ve been eaten already or not?

(Re-eaten beans?)

Timothy Bornemisza
11 days ago

I’d probably go if they were to do 1/3rd capacity. Anything more than that seems a little dodgy

Kings Guru21
11 days ago

I have a problem watching this team in person as currently constituted, not really afraid of attracting the novel Coronavirus COVID 19.

But I’m not a germaphobe either and I feel the risk isn’t as great as the fear pumped to the masses would have you believe.

I probably wouldn’t go, but I would like things to be reopened.

Last edited 11 days ago by Kingsguru21
11 days ago

This is where I’m at. By the time this organization earns my dollar, COVID-19 will be part of my grandkid’s history curriculum.

Kevin Lam
11 days ago

“Hey Grandpa, can you order us some Kings tickets online please?”
comment image?itemid=4830834

Last edited 11 days ago by Klam
11 days ago

“Just tap ‘out’ to continue…”

Mark Murray
11 days ago

I would agree with this in terms of life or death, but of the handful of people who I know who have contracted the disease there are a number of lingering issues. I know two people who have not been able to taste their food since March. Another has had ongoing heart issues for month and a lot of hair loss.

It seems like just the number of people contracting the disease and the number who die get reported, but the people who have symptoms and survive appear to have lingering issues for at least several months afterwards. It will be interesting to see how this plays out over time.

Last edited 11 days ago by markdog333
Kevin Lam
Reply to  markdog333

Yeah, it isn’t just something that just “goes away” once you get it. I’ve read numerous stories about the health side effects from people who have recovered from COVID. From loss of taste, breathing or respiratory problems, among others.

Rik Smits
11 days ago

When I once, in an unguarded moment, said that I want to die a Kings fan, this was not what I had in mind.

Fifth Mookie
10 days ago

Absolutely not. No chance I take that kind of risk until this virus has treatments/vaccines available far and wide that make it far far less lethal and debilitating.

that’s look like not until sometime in 2022 at this point.

Honestly? I miss bowling league more than Kings games.

T D

11 days ago

Let’s just pretend this season never happened.

Or at least affix an asterisk next to the L*kers championship banner.

First Last

Greg Lederman
11 days ago

And Sam Amick (who is typically great) has been writing these fluff pieces on The Athletic about how Jeannie Buss and Rob Pelinka have transformed this org. They happened to be sitting in the seats when AD and Kobe forced their way to the Lakers…

Ron Bull
11 days ago

I realized I will probably be paying on my 2022 season tickets before the 2021 season starts

Reply to  ElRonToro

One could argue that you are committed. One could argue that you should be.

Ron Bull
11 days ago

They tried to commit me. No one would take me.

Reply to  ElRonToro

Darren Van Blois
11 days ago

News: each team allowed private workouts with up to 10 prospects.

Geri Bushnell
11 days ago

Would it feasible next year for the NBA to set-up, say, 10 bubbles in close proximity to each other and play the season in those bubbles?

Reply to  eurostep

It would be some scheduling undertaking, right? If they’re trying to play a normal schedule, they’ll need to move teams from bubble to bubble. And I doubt it would satisfy owners who want fans in their own stands this season.

Parker Wells
11 days ago

I think bubbles are a contingency plan at this point. A lot can happen between now and Jan/Feb when the season is projected to start. But it would be better having the season in bubbles than not having one at all.

Rory Cornell
Reply to  eurostep

I don’t see how it’s even feasible to do another bubble. Lebron just said the bubble was the hardest thing he’s done as a professional. It costs a ton of money, and requires a lot of sacrifice for media, nba staff, players, coaches, owners, etc. They did this to make sure they could finish the season. I don’t think they start the next one until they can play in their own arenas with limited capacity.

Milk Man
11 days ago

For me the draft is the end of the season. New blood = hope to carry me through the off-season. Will there be any pre-draft workouts? I’m curious to see if Tyler Bey’s jump shot is legit.
If Vassell and Nesmith are off the board, I think one of the Beys is going to be the pick at 12.

Jerry Reynolds
11 days ago

Glad to see Lakers bring TV ratings down 55% from last season game 6 !

K W
Reply to  rockbottom

Grant Napear and his ilk will claim this is because of the NBA’s embrace of BLM and social justice messaging. The reality is that with COVID-19, the NFL, the MLB, virtual schooling, etc., all happening at the same time, people are just distracted. Grant sucks, btw. Obligatory to mention.

10 days ago

The new SACTOWN t-shirts for sale on the TKH store are fire emoji!

What flavor will you choose?

Sactown Collection

10 days ago

Okay, that didn’t link. But you know where to go. Top menu bar: Sactown Collection

10 days ago

Also, would it be possible to buy a “TRY OUR THICK CREAMY SHAKES” t-shirt? I missed the window.

And if not, how about a new t-shirt design: “TRY OUR THICK CREAMY RORDOGS

Rory Cornell
10 days ago

look my offer to do a pod in which I drive around eating the worst food from various gas stations still stands. I just got a new car, so I have reliable transportation for a change. RORDOG’S PETROPUB POD

Shaan S

Loving the shirts, but I’d be more interested in printed Kangz memes on shirts/hoodies.

The Kings Herald Store

There are Kangz shirts & hoodies. I bought an old school blue / red combo. Love it!

Last edited 10 days ago by RobHessing

Voila!

10 days ago

Mrs. RobHessing: “Rob, I’m NOT taking the photo unless you put on some pants. Or shorts, at least.”

Last edited 10 days ago by Kosta
10 days ago

Those are actually my “Hangz” brand boxer briefs.