With a few preseason games in the books, we worked through some over/under numbers as conversation starters about the key Sacramento Kings players. Our buddy and Kings Herald contributor Omer Khan spawned this idea when he posted these over/under numbers on Twitter a few days ago, and we worked our way through them (with a few changes to some of the numbers) as a way to discuss our expectations for each player in the 2021-22 season. The over/unders we went through were:
- De’Aaron Fox: 75% from the free throw line
- Tyrese Haliburton: 7 assists per game
- Buddy Hield: 4 three pointers made per game
- Harrison Barnes: 16 points per game
- Richaun Holmes: 9 rebounds per game
- Davion Mitchell: 25 minutes per game
- Mo Harkless: 34% from three point
- Marvin Bagley: 25 games with the Kings
- Tristan Thompson: 22 minutes per game
- Terence Davis: 8 points per game
- Alex Len: 1 blocks per game
Our discussions that came from this exercise included:
- De'Aaron Fox's excellent game against the Los Angeles Clippers
- Davion Mitchell guarding up positions
- Which of the backup big men - Len or Thompson - will get more playing time?
- Bagley's lack of physicality in the preseason
Our Overtime question for the episode: If you could have any superpower, what would it be? No cheating and selecting some superhero with a variety of abilities - just a single superpower!
What are your picks for the over/unders? What superpower would you pick? Let us know in the comments!
The Kings Pulse podcast is available on all major listening platforms.