Articles | NBA Draft

2020 Kings Herald Draft Board: Pick No. 4

Deni Avdija is off the board. Who will go next?

With 39.5% of the vote, Deni Avdija is off the board.  He joins Anthony Edwards and James Wiseman.

When a choice comes up, pick who you'd want the Kings to pick given all the players remaining.  Note: THIS IS NOT A MOCK DRAFT. This is a draft board, a ranked list of prospects you'd like to see the Kings pick. In other words, if we were the Kings front office, when our pick came up, we'd take the top name left on our board. So pick your choice, not who you think Monte McNair or anyone else would choose in a slot.

Explain your choice in the comments, and lobby for who should be added to the next pick's choices.

This poll ends at 5 AM tomorrow. The next one will begin shortly thereafter.  We will go roughly 15 picks deep.

Hobby916
November 4, 2020 8:36 am

Hayes…again. Maybe others see him as not needed since the Kings currently have Fox, Hield, Bogi. But in my Kings future I see Hield and Bogi gone, and a backcourt of Fox and Hayes moving this team into relevancy.

November 4, 2020 8:57 am

Haliburton again. Hayes is up him and then it would have been Deni.

CoreyBrewersD
November 4, 2020 8:59 am

So question, I go on I read the poll, I vote, then I log in it asks me
to vote again. Or at least the vote appears to be available. Does the first not logged in vote count or does the poll go away after it logs my vote/choice?
Haliburton BPA aside from Ball and I can’t see Ball and daddy Ball is sac with Fox, and Daddy Bags. Kangz trainwreck of the highest order.

November 4, 2020 9:01 am
Reply to  CoreyBrewersD

I just did the same thing. I voted, then logged in and it gave me the poll again. That being said, every time I visited the site yesterday the poll was still coming up. I think that is why they have you put in your username. The staff can verify the hanging chads. Too soon for a vote joke?

Wonderchild
November 4, 2020 9:27 am

It’s a poll (yes, it’s spelled poll, not pole) not an election, so I’d imagine the votes will actually stop being counted when the poll ends.

Author
Author
November 4, 2020 12:57 pm
Reply to  CoreyBrewersD

Did you use a Sharpie?

November 4, 2020 8:59 am

OT: Kings likely don’t have enough to target Holiday, but could be a third team to help facilitate something. Could potentially be a good use of cap space if any deal comes with draft compensations.

Wonderchild
November 4, 2020 10:23 am

Please Denver or Milwaukee. Unless Boston can convince NO or someone else to take on Kemba.

Hobby916
November 4, 2020 10:33 am
Reply to  Wonderchild

Holiday, Smart, Brown would be a monster backcourt defensively.

Author
Author
November 4, 2020 9:05 am

Going with the old Toppin nod, again. Guessing that I’ll be pinned on him for awhile. And that’s fine – I know nothing.

eddie41
November 4, 2020 12:36 pm

I think Toppin belongs in the discussion. Not a bad pick …

November 4, 2020 1:00 pm

I think he’s going to dip. Maybe olive the way to the Kings.

Sacto_J
November 4, 2020 9:38 am

Having a hard time picking one of the following 3 – Hayes / Ball / Okongwu, just in terms of talent. They all have significant upside coupled with some flaws that they’ll hopefully grow out of.
The idea of the Ball family coupled with the Bagley family influence potentially makes Buddy look like a choir boy and do not want, but man can he do some things on the court when he’s on.
Hayes has the Bagley left hand syndrome, and for a guard that’s a bit of a red flag, not to mention taking the ball out of Fox’s hands for a guy not named Luka doesn’t appeal to me, so I’m going Okongwu here. Strong post presence, good D, solid measurables and flaws that can be coached up.

November 4, 2020 2:21 pm
Reply to  Sacto_J

The idea that “taking the ball out of Fox’s hands” is a bad thing needs to die. Every team needs multiple ball handlers and multiple playmakers. When you don’t, you get things like Buddy Hield trying to facilitate an offense.

Sacto_J