[Editor's Note: In honor of the Kings missing the vast majority of their rotational players tonight and having to sign Justin Robinson to a hardship exception, we have sent Tim to similar health and safety protocols (overindulged in raisins and yogurt pie), and we have signed his wife, Tori, to a hardship exception. These are her honest, unedited thoughts about tonight's game.]
First of all, let me just say that I am honored to be spending my Friday evening doing this. As a busy stay-at-home mom, I can't think of anything else I'd rather be doing; what a productive use of my time. Happy Bday Buddy! Oh, and Kayte came to slay with her high and tight pony and red blazer, I see.
First Quarter Thoughts:
- My prediction: Kings win 100-89.
- This feels like it's going to be a strong first half and inevitable tank in the second.
- We're shooting well early. I don't think it's going to hold.
- In my mind, I'm still stuck in the Isaiah Thomas/DeMarcus Cousins era of the Kings because that's when I paid most attention to the team and went to the games. And I have a Boogie jersey!
- It's okay to run a play and not shoot a three. I think that would be fun to see.
- OKAY, Tyrese can break ankles.
- I feel like the Grizzlies are going to let us goof around until they take the game seriously and blow us out.
- Has anyone tried hanging a "believe" sign in the locker room?
Second Quarter Thoughts:
- Haliburton is *chef's kiss* (I also get the vibe that he respects women).
- Kayte likes the word gritty.
- LIVE BALL TURNOVERS.
- How do we respond to a 13-0 Grizzlies run? Toss the ball into the crowd and continue our LIVE BALL TURNOVERS.
- Haliburton shouldn't be number zero because he is a HERO.
- Going into halftime with a lead was too much of an ask. BABY STEPS.
- We didn't even wait until the third quarter to lose our grip on the game.
Third Quarter Thoughts
- The Grizzlies are making a run and visible panic is setting in.
- The Kings are bricking every shot. The players may change, but the strategy stays the same.
4th Quarter Thoughts
- This has better a game than I expected.
- Never mind.
- It was clear from the beginning that this squad would eventually get outpaced. (This is the first game I've watched all season, so I know what to look for, clearly )
- ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ (Tori fell asleep for most of the fourth quarter)
- Everyone played hard, which I can respect, even if it wasn't a win.
Pizza Guy of the Game (I told Tim this should be a regular thing and he laughed at me): Tyrese Haliburton with 21 points, 6 rebounds, and 10 assists on 53% shooting from the field and 60% from deep.