Articles | NBA Draft | Podcasts

2020 NBA Draft Preview and Analysis with Jerry Reynolds | TKHS Episode 1

The first episode of The Kings Herald Show featuring Jerry Reynolds is here!

The first episode of The Kings Herald Show featuring Jerry Reynolds is live!

In our debut episode, Jerry Reynolds breaks down the entire draft process from early scouting to draft night while weaving in old stories about Sacramento Kings draft failures, wins, and everything in between. You can find the full timestamps for the podcast below.

Timestamps:
1:45 — Jerry Reynolds, on the entire draft process
14:35 — Rundown of players we like in the 2020 NBA Draft
23:40 — Draft strategy and best player available vs. fit
29:23 — Bad draft day trades in Kings history
33:00 — A timely discussion about Beno Udrih
36:15 — Should the head coach have a voice in the draft process?
40:00 — Patreon question of the week
43:30 — Reynolds Wrap Up

You can find The Kings Herald Show wherever you listen to podcasts, but if we're missing a platform of your choosing, leave us a note in the comments and we'll get to work. If you want to subscribe, rate, and review the podcast on any and all platforms, that would be greatly appreciated, too. I can't tell you exactly why that's important, but everyone seems to suggest it, so it must do something! Have at it.

Apple.
Spotify.
Google.
Stitcher.

In addition to our bi-weekly podcast with Jerry Reynolds, we'll also be recording a Patreon exclusive Q+A once a month where Patrons at any level can Ask Jerry Anything. If you're a Patron, you can submit questions to us on Patreon, or post your questions for Jerry in the comments below. Lastly, you can sign up for our Patreon here.

Thanks for listening! See you back here in two weeks.

MaybeNextYear
19 days ago

This was just a delight to listen to. Even when Jerry talked about guys like McLemore and Thomas Robinson, I was able to smile, which normally isn’t my reaction when thinking about those guys.

I love the new format too, with the Q&A with Jerry and the little Reynolds speech at the end.

19 days ago

Love hearing Jerry talk. Such a pleasure to listen to.

Last edited 19 days ago by Klam
trackback

[…] back to Chainmail, where one author has a prestigious new show with a Kings legend releasing today, and the other's claim to fame is…getting yelled at by Harry Giles in a post-game interview. […]

Great stuff.
Jerry takes naturally to Podcasts, it seems.

Spoilers
Interesting to hear that the Maloofs were never involved in the draft process. Does that mean that Petrie took Robinson on his own accord? Ouch.

“Don’t put much stock into what the coach says about a prospect.” Reminds me of coach K pimping up Bagley.

Allow me to nitpick. Players picked behind PapaG;
Hernangomez, Malik Beasly, Caris LeVert, Siakam, Dejounte Murray, Zubac and Brogdon.

Name suggestions for the Q&A segment:
Parteon’s Pantheon
Patrons’ Patter

Greg
Admin
19 days ago

I’ve heard before that the Maloofs never interfered with the draft. I had said something about the Maloofs directing a pick one time in a post years ago and got a voicemail from Jerry that I never deleted defending them. But Petrie’s reasoning, or at least what’s been reported in the past, was that Petrie was concerned the Maloofs wouldn’t pay what it would take to keep JT or sign any other significant FAs, so he took Robinson to ensure he’d have a power forward.

Reply to  Greg

I thought I recalled people saying that the Kings took Jimmer because the Maloofs wanted to sell tickets or something since he was a star at BYU?

Greg
Admin
19 days ago

I’m sure people have said such things, but I don’t think that was ever sourced info. That might have been the thing I said that prompted Jerry to call me lol

markdog333
18 days ago
Reply to  Greg

I believe it was speculated even before the draft. They had just sold the beer distribution and it was known that their financial situation was shaky. It seemed like a reasonable assumption at the time.

19 days ago

That was really enjoyable. Great job, guys!

19 days ago

He said he learned more from you than anybody.

Except I don’t think he followed your fashion sense.

19 days ago

Caveated anybody at the site that shall not be named. There was a time that it was just Ziller and me, and Ziller is a robotic cat. Low bar and all that.

Greg
Admin
19 days ago

This episode is so fun to listen to. Great job guys. Can’t wait for the next one.

1951
19 days ago

Great work! Nice job landing Mr. Reynolds!

(Can I admit publicly without judgment that this was the first old site/TKH podcast I have ever listened to?)

Greg
Admin
19 days ago

I’m just glad you were able to get a podcast to play on your phonograph

18 days ago

Good opening discussion. Quite the birthday present, in fact. Woot!

17 days ago

Happy belated, Nate.

17 days ago

Happy Birthday! 🙂

Draftmulligan
17 days ago

I’ve been lurking in the weeds for years (followed over when you guys launched). I usually just read the articles/comments and pass on podcasts (all sites in general). This was an entertaining listen though, it was interesting to hear some of the draft process and some old stories about blowing drafts.

Patreon Supporter    Registered On Day 1    Published Post  Published Post Nostradumbass